Akshaya Tritiya 2023
When is Akshaya Tritiya in 2023?
Akshaya Tritiya Muhurat For New Delhi, India
Akshaya Tritiya Puja Muhurat :
07:51:19 to 12:19:56
4 Hour 28 Minute
Akshay Tritiya 2023 will be celebrated April 22. Akshay Tritiya is a sacred Hindu festival that is celebrated on the Tritiya Tithi of Shukla Paksha, of the Vaishakh Month. Akshay Tritiya 2023 will be celebrated with great pomp in various parts of the country. It is known by different names, including Akha Teej, in different regions. The word ‘Akshay’ means eternal, i.e. something that never comes to an end. Therefore, Akshay Tritya 2023 is promising eternal prosperity, blessings, happiness, success, and joy for everyone!
It is believed that a person who performs auspicious deeds like charity work, donations, Yajna, etc. on Akshay Tritiya attains fruitful outcomes in life. Besides this, the natives must also consider buying gold ornaments on the day of Akshay Tritya 2023, as it is believed that it brings prosperity and happiness in a person’s life, and Goddess Laxmi also bestows her blessings upon such natives. Also, Lord Vishnu is worshipped on this auspicious day.
Akshaya Tritiya Muhurat
1. Akshay Tritiya is celebrated on the day when Tritiya Tithi of the bright half of Vaishakh is prevailing during the Purvahan Kaal.
2. If Tritiya is covering the Purvahan of 2 consecutive days, second day will be considered as the event. However, some people believe that it can only be celebrated on the second in one condition i.e. Tritiya Tithi must prevail for more than 3 Muhurats of that day.
3. If Akshay Trutiya occurs on Monday or Wednesday along with Rohini Nakshatra, its auspiciousness increases immensely.
Akshaya Tritiya Vrat & Pujan Vidhi
Akshaya Tritiya Puja is not that a difficult thing to do. Follow the methods given below and perform Akshaya Tritiya Puja at home:
1. The one who observes fast on this day must get ready wearing yellow clothes early in the morning.
2. Now, at home, bathe the Vishnu?s idol in Gangajal and offer Tulsi, yellow flower garland or just yellow flowers.
3. After that, light incense and Ghee wick lamp, and settle on a yellow seat.
4. Further, recite texts related to Vishnu like Vishnu Sahasranama, Vishnu Chalisa.
5. At the end, sing the Aarti of Vishnu Ji.
6. Along with this, if the worshipper can make donations or offer food to the needy people, it will give great results.
Note: If it is difficult to keep the full day fast, one may take yellow Halwa, banana, or yellow sweet rice.
As per the ancient legends, Nar-Narayan, Parashuram, and Hayagreeva had incarnated on this day. That is why some people offer Sattu of wheat or barley, soft Kakadi (a type of cucumber), and soaked Chana Daal (gram pulses) to these Gods.
Akshaya Tritiya Legend
As per the Puranas, Yudhishthir had expressed it to Lord Krishna that he wants to know the significance of the Akshay Tritya. Hence, Krishna told him that it is a very auspicious day. On this day, those who bathe before the midday and perform Japa, Tapa, Homa, Yajna, study of scriptures, Pitru-Tarpan, donations, etc. receive tremendous auspicious results.
In ancient times, there was a poor and virtuous man, who had faith in the Gods. Being poverty-stricken, he used to stay very disturbed. Somebody suggested him about Akshya Tritiya Vrat. Hence, he performed this fast very ritualistically like waking up early in the morning, bathing in Ganga river, worshipping the Gods, and giving donations.This man became the King of Kushavati in next birth. Thanks to the effects of those Atchaya Tritiya rituals, he became quite mighty and rich.
Akshaya Tritiya Significance
1. Akhatrij is one among those days that are considered as Sadhe Teen Shubh Muhurat (3 and a half auspicious days) of the year. On this day, one may perform many auspicious things.
2. Bathing in Ganga also has special significance on this day. One who performs Ganga Snana on this day gets rid of all the negativities.
3. Also, one may perform Pitru Shradh on this day. Barley, wheat, grams, Sattu, curd-rice, things made of milk, etc. must be donated in the name of ancestors and after that, a Pandit (Hindu priest) must be offered food.
4. It is believed to be quite auspicious if you perform Shraddh of your ancestors at a religious place on this day.
5. Some people also believe that it is auspicious to buy gold on this day.
6. On this day only, Parashuram and Hayagreeva had incarnated.
7. Treta Yuga had also begun on the very same day.
8. The doors of Shri Badrinath Temple opens on this day.
Due to all these reasons, this festival is considered quite auspicious and fruitful. We hope that this little piece of informations will help you make the best out of this festival.
Happy Akshaya Tritiya!