Bhadrapada Purnima Vrat 2026
When is Bhadrapada Purnima in 2026?
Bhadrapada Purnima Vrat Muhurat For New Delhi, India
Poornima Tithi Begins at 23:08:23 on September 25, 2026
Poornima Tithi Ends at 22:20:07 on September 26, 2026
According to Hindu Panchang, Purnima in the month of Bhadrapada is known as Bhadrapada Purnima. This Purnima is of great importance in Hindu religion. On this day, Satyanarayana form (Swaroop) of Lord Vishnu is worshipped. On the same day, fast of Uma-Maheshwar is also performed. The day is also of great significance because on the same day Pitru Paksha, popularly known as Shraddha, commences that ends on Ashwin Amavasya.
Bhadrapada Purnima Vrat Puja Vidhi
As per religious beliefs, by worshipping Lord Satyanarayana on Bhadrapada Purnima, the pains and sufferings of a person ends, and their life is filled with happiness and prosperity. The Puja Vidhi of this Vrat is as follows:
● Wake up in the morning and vow for the fast. Take a bath in a sacred river, lake or pond.
● Worship Lord Satyanarayana ritually and offer Naivedyam as well as fruits and flowers to the God.
● Listen to Satyanarayana Katha and then later, distribute Panchamrit and Churma (Prasad).
● Donate food and things to the needy or Brahmin.
According to Bhavishya Purana, Uma-Maheshwar Vrat is performed on the third day (Tritiya) in Shukla Paksha of Margashirsha month. But as per Narada Purana, the fast is performed on Purnima of Bhadrapada. Uma-Maheshwar Vrat is very important for women. With its effect, they are blessed with intelligent children and good fortune. Following is the Puja Vidhi for this fast:
● Establish Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati idol on the place of worship (Puja Sthan) while ruminating their name.
● Ruminate and worship the Ardh Bhagwati form of Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati and offer incense, lamp (Diya), perfume, flower and food mixed with pure Ghee to them.
Uma-Maheshwar Vrat Katha
Uma-Maheshwar Vrat is mentioned in Matsya Purana. According to the mentionings, one time Maharishi Durvasa was returning after meeting (Darshan) Lord Shankara. On his way, he met Lord Vishnu. He gave Bael leaves (Bilva Patra) garland given by God Shiva to God Vishnu. Instead of wearing it himself, Vishnu ji put it on the neck of Garuda. Seeing this, Maharishi Durvasa got angry and cursed him You have disrespected Lord Shiva. So, Lakshmi ji will go away from you. You will have to leave Kshirsagar and even Sheshnaag will not be able to help you. Listening to this, Lord Vishnu respectfully asked him the solution to get free from the curse. Maharishi told him to perform the fast of Uma-Maheshwar, then only he will get all the things. So, Lord Vishnu performed this fast and with its effect, he got everything back including Lakshmi ji.