Coronavirus: stay at home Leave your home if it's necessary. It will help stop the spread of novel coronavirus & COVID-19
Ghatasthapana Puja Vidhi For Navratri First Day
When is Ghatasthapana in 2020?
Ghatasthapana Time & Muhurat For New Delhi, India
Ghatasthapana Muhurat :
06:18:53 to 07:17:07
0 Hour 58 Minute
Navratri begins with Kalash Sthapana or Ghatasthapana on the first day. Ghatsthapana is performed on the first day to invoke Goddess Shakti. If performed at the wrong time, it might make the Goddess angry. Muhurat for Ghatasthapana must be chosen according to the below given rules:
Ghatasthapana Muhurat Rules
Before knowing the Muhurat rules for Ghatasthapan, one must know the correct day to perform it. Let’s know the Muhurat rules for calculating the first day of Chaitra Navratri below:
1. After sunrise, even if there is just one Muhurat that is coming under Pratipada, Navratri can be commenced and Kalash Sthapana or Ghatasthapana will be performed on this day in the morning.
2. If Pratipada is less than 1 Muhurat after the sunrise or is not occurring any day, the Amayukta Pratipada (Pratipada prevailing on the day of Amavasya) will be considered as the first day.
3. In any other case, it is prohibited to begin Chaitra Navratri on Amayukta Pratipada.
4. If Pratipada is prevailing through the sunrises of 2 days, first day will be considered. It is prohibited to begin the festival on the second day in this condition.
5. If Goddess Chandika has to be worshiped on the first day, Amayukta Pratipada must be avoided. In such case, Pratipada with Dwitiya can be taken.
Now, let’s know the Muhurat rules for Ghatasthapana:
1. The best time duration for Ghatsthapan is the first one-third part of the day.
2. In any other case, the best suitable time is Abhijit Muhurat.
3. Ghatsthapana must be avoided while Chitra Nakshatra and Vaidhritti Yoga are prevailing. However, this duration is not completely prohibited.
4. In any condition, Ghatasthapana must be performed before the mid of the Hindu daytime of Pratipada Tithi.
5. It is also good to consider the Dwi-Swabhava Lagna (dual-effect ascendant). The Dwi-Swabhava Lagna Meen (Pisces) prevails during the morning of Chaitra Navratri’s Pratipada. If everything is suitable during this time, this Muhurat can be considered for the Ghatasthapana.
6. Auspicious Nakshatras to be considered for Ghatasthapana are: Pushya, Uttara Phalguni, Uttarashadha, Uttarabhadrapada, Hasta, Revati, Rohini, Ashwani, Moola, Shrawan, Danistha, Punarvasu.
Note: Ghatasthapana is prohibited after the 16 Ghatis from sunrise. In other words, it must not be performed after the mid of the Hindu day.
Things Required For Ghatasthapana
1. A flat and open earthen pot
2. Garden soil
3. 7 different grains
4. Kalash (stoup)
5. Water (preferably Gangajal)
7. Betel Nuts (Supari)
8. 5 leaves of Mango tree or Ashoka tree
9. Few unbroken rice grains
10. Coconut with husk
11. Red cloth
12. Flowers and garland (preferably marigold)
More things can be added as per the requirements.
How To Do Ghatasthapana
1. Sow the 7 grains in the garden soil in flat earthen pot and add the required water.
2. Now, take the Kalash filled with water and tie Kalava (sacred thread) around its neck.
3. Put 5 Ashoka leaves or Mango leaves on the edge of Kalash.
4. After that, place the coconut with husk wrapped in red cloth on the mouth of the Kalash over the leaves.
5. The coconut must also be wrapped with Kalava as well.
6. As the Ghatsthapana is done, the Goddess should be invoked into it now.
The process can be tweaked as per the requirements.
People who keep fast for 9 days must recite this Mantra:
ॐ विष्णुः विष्णुः विष्णुः, अद्य ब्राह्मणो वयसः परार्धे श्रीश्वेतवाराहकल्पे जम्बूद्वीपे भारतवर्षे, अमुकनामसम्वत्सरे चैत्रशुक्लप्रतिपदि अमुकवासरे प्रारभमाणे नवरात्रपर्वणि एतासु नवतिथिषु अखिलपापक्षयपूर्वक-श्रुति-स्मृत्युक्त-पुण्यसमवेत-सर्वसुखोपलब्धये संयमादिनियमान् दृढ़ं पालयन् अमुकगोत्रः अमुकनामाहं भगवत्याः दुर्गायाः प्रसादाय व्रतं विधास्ये।
The Mantra should be recited properly. You can see the word अमुक in bold here. The first word with Amuk is अमुकनामसम्वत्सरे. Here, you have to replace अमुक with the name of the Samvatsara. For example, if the Samvatsara’s name is Saumya, it will be pronounced as सौम्यनामसम्वत्सरे Similarly, in अमुकवासरे, the अमुक will be replaced with the name of the day. In अमुकगोत्रः, you will say the name of your Gotra; and in अमुकनामाहं, you will say your name.
In case, the fast is kept for 1, 2, or 3 etc. days, the Mantra will be changed a bit. On the day of the fast, the Mantra will be recited with the name of the Tithi instead of एतासु नवतिथिषु. For example, Mantra for Fasting on seventh day will be recited as below:
ॐ विष्णुः विष्णुः विष्णुः, अद्य ब्राह्मणो वयसः परार्धे श्रीश्वेतवाराहकल्पे जम्बूद्वीपे भारतवर्षे, अमुकनामसम्वत्सरे चैत्रशुक्लप्रतिपदि अमुकवासरे प्रारभमाणे नवरात्रपर्वणि सप्तम्यां तिथौ अखिलपापक्षयपूर्वक-श्रुति-स्मृत्युक्त-पुण्यसमवेत-सर्वसुखोपलब्धये संयमादिनियमान् दृढ़ं पालयन् अमुकगोत्रः अमुकनामाहं भगवत्याः दुर्गायाः प्रसादाय व्रतं विधास्ये।
For eighth day, सप्तम्यां will be changed to अष्टम्यां. Similarly, words will be changed for each day.
Shodashopchar Puja Sankalp
If performing Shodashopachara Puja during Navratri, below given Mantra should be chanted every day:
ॐ विष्णुः विष्णुः विष्णुः, अद्य ब्राह्मणो वयसः परार्धे श्रीश्वेतवाराहकल्पे जम्बूद्वीपे भारतवर्षे, अमुकनामसम्वत्सरे चैत्रशुक्लप्रतिपदि अमुकवासरे नवरात्रपर्वणि अखिलपापक्षयपूर्वकश्रुति-स्मृत्युक्त-पुण्यसमवेत-सर्वसुखोपलब्धये अमुकगोत्रः अमुकनामाहं भगवत्याः दुर्गायाः षोडशोपचार-पूजनं विधास्ये।
We hope that this information will help you in making the best out of this Ghatasthapana day.