Hartalika Teej 2017
When is Hartalika Teej in 2017?
Hartalika Teej Vrat Muhurat For New Delhi, India
Pratah kaal Muhurat :
05:54:42 to 08:30:09
2 Hour 35 Minute
Pradosh Kaal Muhurat :
18:52:00 to 20:28:48
Hartalika Teej Vrat is one of the primary Vrats in Hindu religion. Hartalika Teej is celebrated on the third day of Shukla Paksha in the month of Bhadrapada. Actually, worshiping Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati holds a lot of thrust in the Hast Nakshatra of the third day of Shukla Paksha in the Bhadrapada month. Hartalika Teej is observed by unmarried girls and married women both. Moreover, widows can also observe this Vrat. Hartalika Teej Vrat is kept without the intake of grains and water. It is believed that in order to have Lord Shiva as her husband, Goddess Parvati was the first one to observe this Vrat. Undertaking Hartalika Teej Vrat enables women with marital bliss and happiness.
Rules of Hartalika Teej Vrat
● There should be no intake of water during Hartalika Teej Vrat. One can have water the next day after the Vrat.
● Once the Hartalika Teej Vrat is observed by a person, it cannot be left undone. It should be performed with proper rites and rituals.
● On the day of Hartalika Teej Vrat, one should stay awake at night and celebrate while singing religious hymns in groups.
● Hartalika Teej Vrat is observed by unmarried girls and married women. According to the scriptures, widows can also undertake this Vrat.
Hartalika Teej Vrat Puja Vidhi
On the pious occasion of Hartalika Teej Vrat, Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati are reverenced and worshiped. Steps of Puja Vidhi are as follows:
● Hartalika Teej is done in the Pradosh Kaal. Pradosh Kaal is referred to as the three Muhurats after the sunset. It signifies the time when day and night coincide.
● Hand made idols of Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati and Lord Ganesha should be made from sand and black soil.
● Decorate the worship place with flowers and place an altar there. After keeping banana leaves on the altar, establish the idols of Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati and Lord Ganesha.
● Inviting all the deities, you need to start the Shodashopchar Puja of Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva.
● Offering auspicious symbols of married women arranged in a sacred enclosure to Goddess Durga is the most significant tradition of this Puja.
● In this Puja, traditional attire of men (dhoti and angocha) is offered to Lord Shiva. All these sacred symbols of marriage should be donated to brahmins after seeking the blessings of mother-in-law.
● After the Puja, listen to sacred stories and vigils should be performed at night. The next morning, after the aarti, offer vermilion and cucumber sweet to Goddess Parvati and then conclude your fast.
Spiritual Significance of Hartalika Teej
Hartalika Teej festival is dedicated to the reunion of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. According to a spiritual fact, Goddess Parvati performed austerity in order to have Lord Shiva as her husband. Along the banks of the river Ganga on Himalayas, Goddess Parvati performed severe austerity. Even her father Himalaya became downhearted on witnessing such condition of the Goddess. One day, on behalf of Lord Vishnu, Maharishi Narad came with a proposal of marriage. But when Goddess Parvati came to know about it, then she started to mourn. She told her female companion that in order to have Lord Shiva as her husband she is performing this austerity. After this, on the advice of her companion, Goddess Parvati went to the forest and she immersed herself in the adoration of Lord Shiva. During this time, in the Hasta Nakshatra of the third day of Shukla Paksha in Bhadrapada month, Goddess Parvati made a Shivalinga from sand and after that she drenched herself in worshiping Lord Shiva. On witnessing the severe austerity of Goddess Parvati, Lord Shiva came before her in his divine manifestation and accepted Goddess Parvati as his wife.
From then only, Hartalika Teej Vrat is observed by unmarried girls and married women for a good husband and well being of their husband respectively. Thus, through this Vrat, they also seek the blessings of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati by worshiping them.
We wish all our readers a very happy Hartalika Teej Vrat. We sincerely hope, that you will be blessed with the grace of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.