মার্গশীর্ষ পূর্ণিমা ব্রত 2023
2023 সালে মার্গশীর্ষ পূর্ণিমা কখন?
মার্গশীর্ষ পূর্ণিমা ব্রত মুহুর্ত For New Delhi, India
পূর্ণিমা Tithi Begins at 05:48:58 on ডিসেম্বর 26, 2023
পূর্ণিমা Tithi Ends at 06:05:05 on ডিসেম্বর 27, 2023
Purnima in Shukla Paksha of Margashirsha month is called Margashirsha Purnima. It is also known as Battisi Purnima. According to Hindu religion, it is the month for performing charity, religious activities and worshipping the Gods and Goddesses. In Shrimad Bhagwat Gita, Lord Krishna himself has said, I am the auspicious month of Margashirsha among months. It is also believed that Satyug Era began from this month. Bathing, charity and austerity (Tapasya) performed on this day is highly rewarding. On this day of Purnima, thousands of devotees bathes and perform austerity (Tapasya) in sacred rivers of Haridwar, Banaras, Mathura and Prayagraj.
Margashirsha Purnima Vrat Puja Vidhi
By fasting and worshipping the Gods and Goddesses on this Purnima, a person is blessed with happiness and prosperity. Following are the Vrat rituals that one should perform while fasting on Margashirsha Purnima:
● On this day it is the rule to worship Lord Narayana. Therefore, at early morning of this Purnima, muse the name of the God and vow for the fast.
● After bathing, wear white clothes and perform Achaman (process of purification of a person before Puja). Then, Call (Avahan) to Lord Vishnu by sitting (Asana) and chanting ‘ऊँ नमोः नारायण’. Also offer perfume and flowers to the God.
● Make an altar (Vedi) at the place of worship (Puja Sthal) and light fire in it for Havan. Then, offer (Ahuti) oil, Ghee, Bura, etc to Agni.
● After conclusion of Havan, devotedly complete your fast while ruminating the name of Lord Vishnu.
● Sleep near the idol of Lord Narayana in the night.
● Next day, feed the needy or Brahmins and offer donation (Dan-Dakshina) to them.
Religious Importance of Margashirsha Purnima
As per religious beliefs, by applying the soil (Mitti) of Basil roots (Tulsi) on your body and then, bathing in a holy river, lake or pond; a person is blessed by Lord Vishnu. Donation on this day offers result which is 32 times more rewarding than the results of other Purnima. This is the reason why, it is also called as Battisi Purnima. On this auspicious occasion, worshipping God Satyanarayan as well as listening to Satyanarayan Katha is also performed and is highly rewarding. After Katha, donating things and offering food to Brahmins or poor on Margashirsha Purnima, also pleases God Vishnu.