2024 સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી, વ્રત તારીખ
સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી વ્રત તારીખ New Delhi, India માટે
|સોમવાર, 29 જાન્યુઆરી||સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી|
|બુધવાર, 28 ફેબ્રુઆરી||સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી|
|ગુરૂવાર, 28 માર્ચ||સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી|
|શનિવાર, 27 એપ્રિલ||સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી|
|રવિવાર, 26 મે||સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી|
|મંગળવાર, 25 જૂન||અંગારકી ચતુર્થી|
|બુધવાર, 24 જુલાઈ||સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી|
|ગુરૂવાર, 22 ઑગસ્ટ||સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી|
|શનિવાર, 21 સપ્ટેમ્બર||સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી|
|રવિવાર, 20 ઑક્ટોબર||સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી|
|સોમવાર, 18 નવેમ્બર||સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી|
|બુધવાર, 18 ડિસેમ્બર||સંકષ્ટી ચતુર્થી|
As per Hindu calendar, Sankashti Chaturthi is celebrated on the 4th day of the waning moon half (Krishna Paksha) of the month. It is an auspicious festival dedicated to the Supreme Lord, Ganesha. ‘Sankashti’ is a Sanskrit word which means liberation or freedom from difficult and bad times and ‘Chaturthi’ means the fourth state. So, worshiping and keeping fast on this day helps you attain peace, prosperity, knowledge, and the fourth state.
Sankashti Chaturthi Means ‘Streamlined Success’
As per Hindu Panchang, the fourth day after full moon and the fourth day after new moon is observed as Chaturthi. So, there are two Chaturthi namely, Vinayaka Chaturthi and Sankashti Chaturthi. When this festival falls on Tuesday, then it is known as Angaraki Chaturthi. People in India celebrate this festival with great pomp and show. In Tamil Nadu, the festival is famous as Sankatahara Chaturthi.
Vinayaka Chaturthi, widely popular as Ganesh Chaturthi starts on the fourth day of Hindu lunisolar calendar month Bhadrapada. The festival is celebrated with the installation of Ganesha clay idols, especially in homes and office places. Vedic hymns, offerings, prayers, sweets, and fast observe for 10 days.
The Significance of Sankashti Chaturthi
From removing all your obstacles to finally blessed you with wisdom and bliss, the deity is responsible for partaking all your problems. Lord Ganesha is an embodiment of wisdom, virtue, and knowledge. Hence, the supreme deity is known to bestow you with health, wealth and happiness.
It is believed that all the wishes and dreams come true if one pray on this auspicious day with pure heart and soul. Hence, observing fast and performing rituals on Sankashti Chaturthi proves to be highly beneficial.
The day is considered to be auspicious because, on this day, Lord Shiva declared his son Ganesha the most superior among all gods. Hence, this is the reason, Sankashti Chaturthi is considered as one of the auspicious fast observed by women for the betterment of the family.
Rituals on Sankashti Chaturthi
● The ritual ceremony is performed by the couples who observe the fast to get the blessings of the Lord
● Devotees need to wake up early in the morning and put on clean clothes
● The idol of Lord Ganesha is placed on a clean platform
● Fresh flowers and Durva grass are offered to invoke the Supreme Lord
● Delicacies like modaks and laddoos are placed before the Lord Ganesha
● The pooja is observed in the evening after the sight of the moon
● The ritual begins with chanting the Ganesh mantra and reciting the stories or the Vrata Katha
Vakra-Tunndda Maha-Kaaya Suurya-Kotti Samaprabha I
Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva Sarva-Kaaryessu Sarvadaa II
Fasting on Sankashti Chaturthi
The fast is performed for the well-being and progeny of the family. The devotees must observe the fast from morning till evening. After the Ganesh puja, moon god is sighted and offerings are made to the moon god. People need to abstain from daily food items but here are few of the items that you can consume during the fast.
● Sabudana ki khichdi
● Fresh fruits
● Unsalted chips
Difference between Sankashti Chaturthi and Vinayaka Chaturthi
● A lunar month comprises of two fortnights. The fortnights can be divided into the dark half of the lunar month (Krishna Paksha) and the bright half of the lunar month (Shukla Paksha). The Chaturthi that arrives in the dark part is termed as Sankashti Chaturthi. While the Chaturthi that falls in the bright half is known as Vinayaka Chaturthi.
● Sankashti Chaturthi fasting is observed for the deliverance from difficult times. While Vinayaka Chaturthi fasting is done for the salutations of Supreme Lord, Ganesha.
● Sankashti Chaturthi is popular as Sankatahara Chaturthi, whereas Vinayaka Chaturthi is famous as Varada Vinayaka Chaturthi