અશ્વિન પૂર્ણિમા વ્રત 2022
2022 માં અશ્વિન પૂર્ણિમા ક્યારે છે?
અશ્વિન પૂર્ણિમા ઉપવાસ મુહૂર્ત For New Delhi, India
પૂર્ણિમા (પૂનમ) Tithi Begins at 03:44:06 on ઑક્ટોબર 9, 2022
પૂર્ણિમા (પૂનમ) Tithi Ends at 02:26:43 on ઑક્ટોબર 10, 2022
Purnima in the Shukla Paksha of Ashwin month is known as Ashwin or Sharad Purnima. It is also known by the name of Raas Purnima. As per Vedic Astrology, this is the only day in whole year, when Moon is full of its 16 virtues and the rays that it showers the world with are considered equivalent to Elixir (Amrit). In North and Central India, milk pudding (Dudh ki Kheer) is kept in the moonlight; on the night of Ashwin Purnima. It is believed that if the rays of Moon falls on pudding, it becomes more beneficial and pure.
Ashwin Purnima Vrat Puja Vidhi
On this Purnima, special worship rituals are performed in temples. They are as follows:
● Vow for the fast in the morning and take a bath in a sacred river, lake or pond.
● Adorn the deity with beautiful clothes and jewelleries. Call (Avahan) to the Gods by sitting (Asana) and performing Achaman (process of purification of a person before Puja). After that, worship the God and offer clothes, perfume, Akshat (rice), flowers, lamp (Diya), Naivedyam, Tambul (Betel or Paan) and Dakshina to them.
● Mix Ghee and sugar in Pudding (Kheer), made from cow milk, and offer it to the God during middle of the night.
● During the night, when moon is located in middle of the sky, worship Lord Chandra and offer Kheer as Naivedyam.
● Keep Kheer Vessel in moon light at night. Eat it on the next day and distribute it as Prasad to others as well.
● One should listen to the Katha on Ashwin Purnima. Before that, put water in a metal pot, wheat grains in a glass, and Roli and rice in a Dona (plate made with broad dried leaves). Then, worship the metal pot (Kalash) and offer Dakshina.
● Worship God Shiva and Goddess Parvati as well as God Kartikeya on this day.
Importance of Ashwin Purnima
The whole bathing and fasting begins with Ashwin or Sharad Purnima. Mothers worship Gods and Goddesses for the benediction (Mangal Kamna) of their children. On this day, Moon comes very close to the Earth. As it is autumn season during this time, therefore the weather remains quite favourable. Neither there are clouds in the sky nor dust and soot. Falling of moon rays on a person’s body during the night is also considered auspicious during Sharad or Ashwin Purnima.