ಗಣೇಶ ಚತುರ್ಥಿ 2023 ದಿನಾಂಕ ಮತ್ತು ಮುಹೂರ್ತ
2023 ನಲ್ಲಿ ಗಣೇಶ ಚತುರ್ಥಿ ಯಾವಾಗ ?
Ganesh Chaturthi Muhurat For New Delhi, India
Madhyahna Muhurat for Ganesha Worship :
11:01:23 to 13:28:15
2 ಗಂಟೆ 26 ನಿಮಿಷ
when moon sighting to be avoided :
12:41:35 to 20:10:00 on 18, ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್
when moon sighting to be avoided :
09:45:00 to 20:42:59 on 19, ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್
ಬನ್ನಿ 2023 ನಲ್ಲಿ ಗಣೇಶ ಚತುರ್ಥಿ ಯಾವಾಗ ಇದೆ ಮತ್ತು ಗಣೇಶ ಚತುರ್ಥಿ 2023 ರ ದಿನಾಂಕವನ್ನು ತಿಳಿಯೋಣ.Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated every year in the Bhadrapada month’s fourth day of bright fortnight. As per the beliefs, Lord Ganesha was born on this day during Madhyahan Kaal on Monday in Swati Nakshatra and Leo ascendant. That’s why this one is considered as the main Ganesh Chaturthi or Vinayaka Chaturthi. It is also known as the Kalank Chaturthi and in some regions, people also know it as Danda Chauth.
Ganesh Chaturthi Muhurat
1. The festival is celebrated on the Chaturthi when it is prevailing during the Madhyahan Kaal.
2. If the festival falls on Sunday or Tuesday, it is known as Maha Chaturthi (as its significance increase to a greater extent).
Ganesh Chaturthi Vrat & Puja Vidhi
1. The one who is observing fast must take the idol of Ganesha made of gold, copper, mud, etc. after getting over with the daily morning rituals.
2. After filling a new Kalash with water, cover its mouth with a new cloth and place Lord Ganesha over it.
3. After offering vermillion and Durva, bring 21 Laddoos as the holy food. Keeping 5 Laddoos for Ganesh Ji, offer rest of them to the Brahmins and needy people.
4. Ganesha must be worshipped in the evening. After reciting Ganesh Chaturthi Katha, Chalisa, and Aarti, offer water to the Moon without looking at it.
5. On this day, Siddhi Vinayak incarnation of Ganesha is worshipped.
1. As per the beliefs, Moon must not be seen on this day, otherwise one gets cursed. If Moon is seen by mistake, the Dosha (curse) can be taken off by chanting the below given Mantra for 28, 54, or 108 times. The Dosha can also be eliminated by reciting the 57th Adhyaya of the 10th Skanda of Srimad Bhagwat.
Mantra to eliminate Chandra Darshan Dosha :
सिंहःप्रसेनमवधीत् , सिंहो जाम्बवता हतः।
सुकुमारक मा रोदीस्तव, ह्येष स्यमन्तकः।।
2. Make sure that the basil leaves are not used in the Ganesh Puja. Ganesha likes all leaves and flowers except Tulsi (basil).
3. There is a ritual of circumambulating Ganesha once. Some people believe in doing it thrice.
Legends Of Ganesha
As per many ancient beliefs, some famous legends of Ganesha are as follows:
1. Once Goddess Parvati was going to take bath. With the lather on her body, she created an idol and gave life to it. After that, she appointed him as the security guard. This guard was Lord Ganesha. When Lord Shiva was entering the home, he tried to stop him. Hence, Shiva cut off his head. As soon as Parvati got to know about this incident, she started crying a lot. In order to make her happy, Shiva cut another head of an elephant and placed it on Ganesha’s body. After getting the head of an elephant, Ganesha got a new name “Gajanan”.
2. According to another legend, Parvati Ji kept fast of Sri Krishna to get Ganesha because it had been many years to her marriage and she could not get a child. As she got Ganesha as the blessing, Lord Saturn came to see the baby. Due to Shani’s sight, Ganesha’s head got cut apart. So, Vishnu Ji placed elephant’s head on Ganesha’s body.
3. As per the beliefs, once Parshurama arrived Kailasha to see Shiva-Parvati. At that time, Shiva-Parvati were sleeping and Ganesh Ji was guarding the entrance. He tried to stop Parashurama, which caused argument and as a result, Ganesha got his one tooth cut by Parashurama. That is why Ganesha also got this name “Ekdant”.
Some Facts About Ganesha
1. Before worshipping any god or doing anything new, Lord Ganesha is worshipped. Without worshipping him, no auspicious work is begun. “Shri Ganesh” has become a prevalent idiom before beginning anything new. There is a clear instruction in all the religious texts to worship him before beginning any Puja.
2. Ganesha is being worshipped from the ancient and Vedic times. Lord Ganesha is a Vedic Devta, his Mantras can clearly be found in Rig Veda and Yajur Veda.
3. Ganesha’s name is involved in the list of 5 main Devtas including Shiva, Vishnu, Durga, and Surya. It clearly signifies the importance of Ganpati Ji.
4. Gana means a community, society, or group; and Isha means the Lord. As he is the Lord of the people of Shiva and Devas, he is known as Ganesha.
5. Shiva is known as his father, Parvati is the mother, Kartikeya (Shadanana) is his brother, Riddhi-Siddhi (daughters of King Vishwakarma) his wives, and Kshema & Labha as his sons.
6. Ganesha has 12 famous names in the Shastras: 1. Sumukh, 2. Ekdant, 3. Kapil, 4. Gajakarna, 5. Lambodar, 6. Vikat, 7. Vighnanashan, 8. Vinayak, 9. Dhumraketu, 10. Ganadhyakshaya, 11 Bhalchandra, 12. Gajanana
7. Ganesha has also written the Mahabharata. When Ved-Vyasa decided to create Mahabharata, he got concerned about executing it. Lord Brahma had suggested him to get this work done by Ganesh.
8. As per the ancient texts, ‘ॐ’ is considered as Ganesha. As every Puja is followed by Ganesh Puja, each Mantra’s effect increases by saying ‘Om’ before beginning it.
Significance Of Ganesh Chaturthi
As per the beliefs, Lord Krishna suffered the blame of stealing Syamantak Mani. Seeing his terrible condition, Narada Ji informed him that he had seen the Moon by mistake on the day of Bhadrapada Shukla Chaturthi. That is why he got insulted. Also, Narada informed him that on this very day, Ganesha had cursed Moon. That is why, one who sees Moon on this day gets blamed and insulted. On Narada’s suggestion, Krishna performed the fast of Ganesh Chaturthi (also known as Vinayagar Chaturthi) and got rid of the curse. Hence, one who worships and fasts on this day, gets rid of all the allegations.
In Indian culture, Ganesha is considered as the giver of education and wisdom; destructor of hurdles; benedictory; provider of security, Siddhi, prosperity, power, and honor. Though Vainayiki Chaturthi and Sankashti Chaturthi are celebrated every month during bright and dark fortnight respectively, yet this yearly Vinayaka Chavithi is considered most auspicious because Ganesha had appeared on this day. If this Ganesh Chaturti falls on Tuesday, it is considered as Angarak Chaturthi, which helps the worshipper in getting rid of all the sins and curses. If this Sankatahara Chaturthi falls on Sunday, it is also considered quite auspicious.
In Maharashtra, this festival is celebrated as the Ganeshotsava (Ganesh Festival), which runs till 10 days and ends on Anant Chaturdashi (Ganpati Visarjan). During these days, Ganesha is beautifully adorned and worshipped. On the last day, Ganesha is immersed in the water with a great pomp and show.
Due to all these reasons, this festival is considered quite pious and giver of big boons. With this little piece of information, we hope that you will receive the immense blessings of Lord Ganesha on this pious occasion of Vinayagar Sathurthi.
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!