சபாலா ஏகாதசி விரதம் 2023
2023 இல் எப்போது சபாலா ஏகாதசி?
சபாலா ஏகாதசி விரதம் முகூர்த்தம் For New Delhi, India
2023 வருடத்திற்கு சபாலா ஏகாதசி இல்லை
Ekadashi in Krishna Paksha during Paush month is known as Saphala Ekadashi. As Saphala means success, so it is believed that by fasting on this day all tasks of a person get successful. On this day, Lord Achyuta is worshipped.
Saphala Ekadashi Vrat Puja Vidhi
People fasting for Saphala Ekadashi must worship Lord Achyuta on this day. The Puja Vidhi for the fast is as follows:
1. One should have Sattvic food only one time on the day of Dashami, and should follow the rules of this fast strictly.
2. Take vows for the fast after bathing in the morning and offer incense, lamp (Diya), fruits and Panchamrit to the God.
3. Worship Lord Achyuta with Coconut, Supari, Amla, Pomegranate, clove, etc.
4. On this day, singing devotional songs (Bhajans and Jagrans) devoted to Lord Shri Hari at night is considered important.
5. Next day on Dwadashi, feed and donate things to the needy or Brahmins. After that, open your fast.
Four Donts of Saphala Ekadashi
● Avoid sleeping on bed, instead sleep on the ground.
● Avoid eating meat, intoxicating things (Nashili Vastu), garlic and onion.
● Avoid brushing your teeth in the morning of this Ekadashi.
● Avoid plucking fruits and leaves of any tree as it is considered inauspicious.
Importance of Saphala Ekadashi
In religious scriptures, significance of Saphala Ekadashi is mentioned during the conversation between Lord Krishna and Dharmaraj Yudhisthira. It is believed that 1000 Ashwamedha Yagya can not give as much result as one can obtained by fasting for this Ekadashi. So, if a person fasts on this day, all his/her pain and suffering ends, luck becomes favourable and wishes gets fulfilled.
Story of Saphala Ekadashi
In ancient times, King Mahishmat used to rule the Champawati city. He had four sons, among which Lumbhak was very cruel and immoral. He used to spent his father’s money on bad deeds. Getting saddened by his wrong doings, the King exiled him; still Lumbhak’s habits of loot and theft did not end. One time, he did not get food for 3 days. Wandering around, he reached the hut of a hermit. Fortunately, it was Saphala Ekadashi on that day. So, the hermit welcomed him and offered him food. Witnessing this behaviour of the sage changed Lumbhak. He fell to the hermit’s feet and asked for his blessings. The hermit made him his disciple and with time, Lumbhak’s character became good and clean. As per his guidance, Lumbhak started fasting for the Ekadashi. When he changed completely and became a good man, the hermit showed his true form to him. It was his father in the form of the hermit. After this, Lumbhak handled his responsibilities greatly as King and set an example in front of everyone. And he kept on fasting for Saphala Ekadashi till he lived.