ದೇವುತಾನ ಏಕಾದಶಿ ಉಪವಾಸ 2023
2023 ನಲ್ಲಿ ದೇವುತಾನ ಏಕಾದಶಿ ಯಾವಾಗ?
ದೇವುತಾನ ಏಕಾದಶಿ ಉಪವಾಸ ಮುಹೂರ್ತ For New Delhi, India
ದೇವುತಾನ ಏಕಾದಶಿ ಪರಾನ ಸಮಯ:
06:50:28 to 08:57:18 on 24, ನವೆಂಬರ್
2 ಗಂಟೆ 6 ನಿಮಿಷ
Ekadashi in Shukla Paksha of Kartik month is known as Devotthan, Devuthani or Prabodhini Ekadashi. This Ekadashi comes after Diwali. As Lord Vishnu sleeps on Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha in Ashadh month and wakes up on Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha in Kartik month, that is why this Ekadsahi is known as Devotthan Ekadashi.
According to some religious beliefs, Lord Vishnu wakes up after 4 months of sleeping in Kshirsagar on this Ekadashi day. During these four months period, no auspicious tasks is performed. From this Devotthan Ekadashi onwards, when Shri Hari wakes up, all religious and auspicious activities begin. On this day, Tulsi Vivah (marriage) is also performed.
Devutthana Ekadashi Vrat Puja Vidhi
On this Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu is worshipped and invoked to wake up. The rituals that are performed on this Ekadashi are as follows:
● On the day of Ekadashi, vow for the fast in morning and ruminate the name of Lord Vishnu.
● After cleaning the house and taking a bath, draw the feet of Lord Vishnu in your courtyard.
● Draw the pictures of God in a Pounder (Okhli) and fill it with fruits, sweets, Jujube, Water Chestnut (Singhara), seasonal fruit and Sugarcane. After that, cover it with a lid.
● On this day, light lamps (Diya) outside your home and in temple.
● At night, family members should worship all Gods and Goddesses alongside Lord Vishnu.
● After that, wake up Lord Vishnu from his slumber by ringing bells and blowing Conch (Shankha) while repeating these words: Utho Deva, Batho Deva, Aanguria Chatkao Deva, Nayi Soot, Nayi Kapas, Deva Uthaye Kartik Masa
On Devotthan Ekadashi, Tulsi Vivah is also performed. Like a normal marriage, the wedding of Tulsi (plant) and God Shaligram (Lord Vishnu) is also celebrated zealously. Tulsi is also called Vishnu Priya. So, after awakening from his deep slumber, he firstly answers the prayers of natives who worship Harivallabh Tulsi. Tulsi Vivah is performed to invoke the God through Tulsi. As mentioned in Vedic scriptures, the couples who dont have a girl child, should perform Tulsi Vivah once in their lifetime to earn the virtue of Kanyadaan.
Story of Devutthana Ekadashi
One time Goddess Lakshmi asked Lord Narayana- O Lord! Either you remain awake for day and night, or goes on a deep slumber for millions of years! This imbalances the world and destroys everything, moving or not. So, it will be better that you should sleep timely every year. This will give me some time to relax as well.
Narayan smiled and told Goddess Laxmi- Devi! You said right! All the Gods, and especially you face problems because of me. You don?t even get time to relax and sleep. Therefore, from now on, I will sleep for four months during rainy season every year. During that period, you and the other Gods can relax. The Pralaya Kaleen period (when the world will end) will be called my deep slumber (Maha Nindra). The four months sleep will be my short slumber (Alpa Nindra) and will be highly auspicious for my devotees. During this time, the devotees who will serve me dedicatedly and zealously while organizing the festivities of my sleeping and awakening; I will reside in their homes with you.