ಫಲ್ಗುನಾ ಅಮಾವಾಸ್ಯ ವ್ರತ 2023
2023ನಲ್ಲಿ ಫಲ್ಗುನಾ ಅಮಾವಾಸ್ಯ ಯಾವಾಗ?
ಫಲ್ಗುನಾ ಅಮಾವಾಸ್ಯ ಮುಹೂರ್ತ For New Delhi, India
ಅಮವಾಸ್ಯೆ Tithi Begins at 16:21:09 on ಫೆಬ್ರವರಿ 19, 2023
ಅಮವಾಸ್ಯೆ Tithi Ends at 12:38:17 on ಫೆಬ್ರವರಿ 20, 2023
Amavasya in the Krishna Paksha of Phalguna month is known as Phalguna Amavasya. This Amavasya is particularly fruitful for attaining happiness, property and good fortune. Therefore, people fast on this day for their positive growth and prosperity. On the same day, oblation (Tarpan or Shradh) to the ancestors is also performed. If this Amavasya falls on days like Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, it give results more than that of Solar Eclipse (Surya Grahan).
Phalguna Amavasya Vrat and Religious Rituals
As per religious beliefs, fast and activities performed on Phalguna Amavasya offer instant results. It also includes oblation for ancestral peace, which is of great significance. The religious rituals performed on this day are as follows:
● Take a bath in a sacred river, lake or pond in the morning. Offer Argh to the Sun God, then offer oblation to forefathers.
● On this day, fast and donate things to the poor, for the peaceful afterlife of your forefathers.
● Light a mustard oil lamp under the Peepal tree in the evening. Take seven rounds of the tree while remembering your ancestors.
● Worship Rudra (God Shiva), fire (Agni) and Brahmins, and offer them Urad Dal, Curd and Puri as Naivedyam. Eat the same Prasad yourself as well, on this day.
● Go to a Shiv temple and perform Abhishek of Lord Shiva from raw cow milk, curd and honey, and also offer black Sesame seeds to the God.
● Amavasya is also considered as the day of Lord Shani. So, worship the God on this Amavasya by offering blue flowers in Shani temple. Also, offer black sesame seeds, black Urad (whole), mustard oil, Kajal and black clothes.
Importance of Phalguna Amavasya
As per religious beliefs, God and Goddesses resides in sacred rivers on the day of Phalguna Amavasya. Therefore, bathing in rivers like Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati on this day is of prime significance. If this Amavasya falls on Monday, it also creates Yoga for Maha Kumbh Snan, which is highly fruitful.