മാർഗ്ഗശീർഷ അമാവാസി 2024
2024 എപ്പോഴാണ് മാർഗ്ഗശീർഷ അമാവാസി ?
മാർഗ്ഗശീർഷ അമാവാസി മുഹൂർത്തം For New Delhi, India
അമാവാസി Tithi Begins at 10:31:53 on നവംബർ 30, 2024
അമാവാസി Tithi Ends at 11:52:58 on ഡിസംബർ 1, 2024
According to Hindu Calendar, Margashirsha Amavasya comes in Krishna Paksha of Margashirsha month. It is also known by the name of Agahan Amavasya. On this day, people perform Pitru Tarpan, bathing, charity and donation for the peaceful afterlife of their forefathers. Worshipping God Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi is also considered auspicious on this day.
Margashirsha Amavasya Vrat Puja Vidhi
Margashirsha Amavasya is considered highly significant as Pitru Puja performed on this day offer generous results to both the Vratee (person who fasted) and his/her ancestors. Following Vrat Puja Vidhi should be followed by the person fasting on this day:
● Take a bath in a sacred river, lake or pond in the morning. Deposit sesame seeds (Til) in the flowing water, chant Gayatri Mantra or ruminate the name of Lord Narayana, then offer Argh to the Sun God.
● Worship God Shiva or God Vishnu as per family tradition.
● Offer oblation to forefathers (Pitru Puja) on the bank of a holy river, for their peaceful afterlife or Moksha Prapti (liberation).
● One should not drink water while performing the fast of Margashirsha Amavasya.
● Later, donate things like food, clothes, sandals, cereals, etc to the needy or Brahmin.
People fast and perform religious activities to seek blessings of their ancestors and ward off the unfavourable things in their lives. Other than this, many people organize Shri Satyanarayan Puja on this day. The idol or picture of Lord Vishnu is installed in the Puja Esthal along with the idol of Goddess Lakshmi. The family members worship the deities as per Puja Vidhi and offer Milk Porridge to them. Later, Puja is concluded by reading Satyanarayan Katha and offering Prasad to the devotees.
Importance of Margashirsha Amavasya
Like every Amavasya, Pitru Puja is also performed on Margashirsha Amavasya. However, the religious activities performed on this day are considered highly auspicious and offer pious rewards to the devotees and their ancestors. Tila Tarpan and Pind Daan helps one’s ancestors attain liberation and peace in the afterlife. Also, fasting on Margashirsha Amavasya removes all the sins and brings peace and prosperity in the life of the devotees.