ಕಾರ್ತಿಕ್ ಅಮಾವಾಸ್ಯ 2024
2024 ನಲ್ಲಿ ಕಾರ್ತಿಕ ಅಮಾವಾಸ್ಯ ಯಾವಾಗ?
ಕಾರ್ತಿಕ ಅಮಾವಾಸ್ಯ ಮುಹೂರ್ತ For New Delhi, India
ಅಮವಾಸ್ಯೆ Tithi Begins at 15:55:17 on ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 31, 2024
ಅಮವಾಸ್ಯೆ Tithi Ends at 18:18:58 on ನವೆಂಬರ್ 1, 2024
Kartik Amavasya holds great significance in Hinduism and comes in Krishna Paksha of Kartik month. This Amavasya is dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi and the auspicious festival of Diwali is also celebrated on this day. It is also considered an ideal day for Pitru Puja and seek their blessings, and for the purpose of charity and donation. According to ancient religious beliefs, on the occasion of Shanti Parva during Mahabharata, Shri Krishna himself told the importance of Kartik Amavasya saying, This day is very dear to me. If a person worships me on this day, the malefic effects of planets (Grah Dosh) on his/her life will end.
Kartik Amavasya Vrat Rituals
Following are the religious rituals that are performed on this auspicious occasion of Kartik Amavasya:
● Take a bath in a sacred river, lake or pond in early morning. Offer Argh to the Sun God, and deposit sesame seeds in the flowing water.
● Recite Navagraha Stotra in the morning for Navagraha Shanti and to lessen the impact of Navagraha Doshas in one’s life.
● Reciting Vishnu Sahasranama on this day is also of great significance. With its influence, all bad Yogas in one’s Kundli get removed.
● Lighting a lamp (Deepak) in a temple or in the house of a poor on this night, eliminates all pains and sufferings related to Planet Saturn.
● One should also perform Abhishek of Shivling with honey on the occasion of Kartik Amavasya.
Lighting Lamps on Kartik Amavasya
It is traditional to light lamps on the night of Diwali, also known as the day of Kartik Amavasya. It is believed that Lord Rama returned to Ayodhya on this day, after living in the forest for 14 months in exile. So, the people of Ayodhya lighted the lamps in their houses and everywhere to welcome the God, show their happiness and celebrate that moment. There is one more belief related to lighting of lamps on this Amavasya. It is said that when forefathers come to Earth during Pitru Paksha, Shradh rituals are performed for their peaceful afterlife. And when Pitru Paksha rituals are concluded, lamps are lighted so that ancestors do not face any problem while returning to Pitru Loka. This belief and related practice is particularly prevalent in West Bengal.