ચૈત્ર અમાવસ્યા 2024
2024 માં ચૈત્ર અમાવસ્યા ક્યારે છે?
ચૈત્ર અમાવસ્યા મુહૂર્ત For New Delhi, India
અમાવાસ્યા (અમાસ) Tithi Begins at 03:23:25 on એપ્રિલ 8, 2024
અમાવાસ્યા (અમાસ) Tithi Ends at 23:52:35 on એપ્રિલ 8, 2024
According to Hindu Calendar, Amavasya in the Krishna Paksha of Chaitra month is known as Chaitra Amavasya. It is of great importance in Hindu religion. On this day, bathing, charity, donation, and other religious activities are performed. Like every Amavasya, Pitru Tarpan is also performed on this day.
Chaitra Amavasya Vrat and Religious Rituals
Various religious activities are performed while fasting on Chaitra Amavasya. It is also believed that one should fast on this day for the liberation of his/her forefathers. The rituals performed on this day are as follows:
● Take a bath in a sacred river, lake or pond in the morning. Offer Argh to the Sun God, then offer oblation to forefathers.
● Fast and donate things to the poor, for the peaceful afterlife of your forefathers.
● Donate food, cow, gold and clothes as per your heart’s desire.
● After Pitru Tarpan or Shradh, feed the poor or Brahmin.
● On this Amavasya, light a mustard oil lamp under the Peepal tree. Offer blue flowers, black sesame seeds and mustard oil to Lord Shani.
Importance of Chaitra Amavasya
Various religious activities are performed on Chaitra Amavasya, including Pitru Tarpan for liberation of forefathers. The fast on this day not only offer ancestral salvation and peace, but also offer highly rewarding results to the person performing the fast.