Chaitra Amavasya 2020
When is Chaitra Amavasya in 2020?
Chaitra Amavasya Muhurat For New Delhi, India
Amavasya Tithi Begins at 12:31:58 on March 23, 2020
Amavasya Tithi Ends at 14:59:33 on March 24, 2020
According to Hindu Calendar, Amavasya in the Krishna Paksha of Chaitra month is known as Chaitra Amavasya. It is of great importance in Hindu religion. On this day, bathing, charity, donation, and other religious activities are performed. Like every Amavasya, Pitru Tarpan is also performed on this day.
Chaitra Amavasya Vrat and Religious Rituals
Various religious activities are performed while fasting on Chaitra Amavasya. It is also believed that one should fast on this day for the liberation of his/her forefathers. The rituals performed on this day are as follows:
● Take a bath in a sacred river, lake or pond in the morning. Offer Argh to the Sun God, then offer oblation to forefathers.
● Fast and donate things to the poor, for the peaceful afterlife of your forefathers.
● Donate food, cow, gold and clothes as per your heart’s desire.
● After Pitru Tarpan or Shradh, feed the poor or Brahmin.
● On this Amavasya, light a mustard oil lamp under the Peepal tree. Offer blue flowers, black sesame seeds and mustard oil to Lord Shani.
Importance of Chaitra Amavasya
Various religious activities are performed on Chaitra Amavasya, including Pitru Tarpan for liberation of forefathers. The fast on this day not only offer ancestral salvation and peace, but also offer highly rewarding results to the person performing the fast.