আশ্বিন অমবস্যা 2024
2024 সালে আশ্বিন অমবস্যা কখন?
আশ্বিন অমবস্যা মুহুর্ত For New Delhi, India
অমাবস্যা Tithi Begins at 21:42:13 on অক্টোবর 1, 2024
অমাবস্যা Tithi Ends at 00:21:31 on অক্টোবর 3, 2024
Ashwin Amavasya falls in Krishna Paksha of Ashwin month. It is popularly known as Sarva Pitru Amavasya or Mahalaya Amavasya. It is also known by the name of Pitra Visarjani Amavasya. This Amavasya is of great significance as performing Pitru rites and rituals on this day help forefathers attain peace and liberation. In other words, on this day Shradh Paksha is concluded and all ancestors return to Pitru Loka after blessing their sons, grandsons and family members. One should also perform charity and donation as well as feed Brahmins on this auspicious day.
Ashwin Amavasya Vrat and Puja Vidhi
Pitru Pujan holds great significance on Ashwin Amavasya as all the rituals related to Shradh Paksha are concluded on this day. The rituals that are performed on this auspicious occasion are as follows:
● Take a bath in a sacred river, lake or pond in the morning. Offer Argh to the Sun God, and oblation to your forefathers.
● In the evening, light a lamp (Deepak) and place it on the main entrance, along with Poori and other sweet stuffs. This should be done so that your forefathers do not go on empty stomach and the lamp will show them the way to Pitru Loka.
● If you do not know the day or date to perform Shradh of your forefathers, you can do so on the occasion of Ashwin Amavasya.
● Also, if you haven’t been able to offer oblation (Pitru Tarpan) to your ancestors in entire Shradh Paksha, you can do so on this auspicious day.
● One should also feed the needy or Brahmin on this day for the peaceful afterlife of his/her forefathers.
Importance of Ashwin Amavasya
Ashwin Amavasya is of great significance for ancestral peace and therefore, is also known as Sarva Pitru Amavasya or Mahalaya Amavasya. This Amavasya is also of high importance from Tantrik point of view, alongside Shradh Karma. From the next day of Ashwin Amavasya, Shardiya Navratri begins. Worshippers of Maa Durga and her nine forms as well as individuals practicing Tantra Sadhna, perform various Tantric rituals on the night of this Amavasya.