|Panchak Start Time||Panchak End Time|
|શુક્રવાર, 15 ઑક્ટોબર at 21:16:33||બુધવાર, 20 ઑક્ટોબર at 14:02:40|
In Vedic Astrology, the auspicious period, also known as Muhurat, is always considered before carrying out any auspicious activity. The Muhurat is calculated with the help of the Panchang or the Hindu Calendar. The Panchang is used to find the Vaar (day), Tithi (date), Nakshatra (constellation), Karana, and Yoga. Another factor to look out for when calculating a Muhurat is the Panchak. Owing to the importance of Panchak in Vedic Astrology, we have designed the Panchak Calculator for you. With this, you will be able to know the starting date and the ending date of the Panchak. This will help you to save your time and organise your activities in a better way. Let us shed some light upon what Panchak is and how it affects your life.
What is Panchak?
According to Vedic Astrology, the union or conjunction of 5 constellations (Nakshatra) creates the Panchak. This period is not considered to be a good time to perform certain auspicious activities. Thus, it is important to determine the Panchak period before performing any auspicious activity. There are a total number of 27 Nakshatra as per Vedic Astrology. These 27 Nakshatra are divided into 12 Zodiac Signs. Thus, each zodiac sign consists of 2.15 Nakshatra. Every zodiac sign is of 30 degrees. The length of each Nakshatra is 13 degrees and 20 minutes. Each Nakshatra is divided into four parts. Each part measures 3 degrees and 20 minutes. When the luminary planet, Moon is posited in the Aquarius and Pisces zodiac sign, it leads to Panchak.
What are the Panchak Nakshatra?
When the Moon enters the Aquarius zodiac sign, the third phase of the Dhanishta Nakshatra commences. Post that, the Moon moves through the Satabhisha, Purva Bhadrapada, Uttara Bhadrapada, and Revati Nakshatra. The Moon takes around 5 days to complete its journey through these 5 Nakshatra. This is the time which is known as Panchak. It occurs as a repetitive phenomenon, which takes place after a period of 27 days.
Significance of Panchak
The concept of Muhurat is of utmost importance in the Hindu culture. Activities performed during the right Muhurat yield productive results. On the other hand, any task that is done during the wrong or unfavorable Muhurat is bound to yield undesirable results. Keeping in mind the importance of Muhurat, Panchak is considered to be highly significant.
Frequency Of Activities Performed During Panchak
Panchak signifies the combination of 5 Nakshatras. Thus, it is believed that if any inauspicious activity takes place during the Panchak period, it is repeated for five times. To save oneself from such a mishappening, it is important to avoid landing into trouble during the Panchak period. It is believed that if you hear the news of someone’s death during the period of the Panchak, there are high chances that you may get to listen to another four news about death. To escape this problem, a special ritual is followed. If anyone dies during the Panchak period, five dummies made up of wheat flour, and sacred grass is burnt along with the dead body during the funeral rites of the deceased person. This helps to eliminate the chances of 4 more deaths.
Types of Panchak
Panchak prevails during five days and is classified into five types on the basis of the day it commences on. All these Panchak are slightly different in nature. Also, their Do’s and Don'ts are different. Let us take a look at the different types of Panchak to get the gist of it.
1. Rog Panchak
The word “Rog” means disease. When the Panchak period starts on Sunday, it is known as Rog Panchak. It is believed that the five days of the Rog Panchak cause physical and mental worries. One should abstain from performing any auspicious deed during Rog Panchak.
2. Raj Panchak
The Panchak period that commences on Monday is referred to as Raj Panchak. The literal meaning of the word Raj is “to rule”. This is considered to be a favourable Panchak. During the 5-day span of this Panchak, there are high chances of achieving success. Also, the probability of getting gains through the government sector is quite high. Matters related to land and property yield positive results during this period.
3. Agni Panchak
The Panchak period beginning from Tuesday is known as Agni Panchak. This period ensures success in matters of litigation. Thus, you may choose to make efforts if you have any pending court case or related issues. On the other hand, one should refrain from taking up any task related to construction. The word Agni means fire and exposing oneself to fire might pan out to be risky and dangerous during this stretch of time. Also, staying away from machinery and tools is recommended. Not adhering to the advice may put you in trouble.
4. Chor Panchak
Chor means thief. Chor Panchak is the name given to the Panchak that starts on Friday. As the name indicates, there are chances of theft and robbery during this Panchak. Travelling is strictly prohibited within this duration. Carrying out business, financial transactions or deals is not recommended. Doing this may result in a major financial loss.
5. Mrityu Panchaka
If the Panchak period starts from Saturday, it is known as Mrityu Panchak. Mrityu refers to death. It is believed that death-like hardships prevail during the span of this Panchak. One should avoid taking up any risky task during this period. Be careful during the Mrityu Panchak. There are high chances of injuries and accidents during this period. You may also get entangled in a conflict or an argument, so you should try to keep such a situation at bay.
Special Note: Apart from these days, the Panchak can also start on Wednesday or Thursday. In such a situation, it is not necessary to follow all the above-stated rules. However, all tasks except those which are mentioned above can be done during such Panchak periods.
Things To Avoid During Panchak
According to the scriptures, there are certain tasks and activities that one should abstain from during the period of the Panchak. Doing otherwise can put you in a whirlpool of problems. Here are some of them:
● Travelling towards the South direction is not recommended. This direction is associated with Lord Yama, the god of death.
● If you have a house or building under construction, you should avoid constructing the roof of the building during this period.
● Apart from this, stay away from anything that involves wood or fuel.
● There are some special instructions that need to be followed during the Panchak in order to minimise undesirable results. Buying a new bed or constructing one does not seem to be an activity that is recommended during the Panchak period.
● Buying bedding, mattress, etc. or donating it to someone does not reel good results during the span of the Panchak period.
Thus, one should not perform any of the tasks mentioned above. Except these, you can perform all other tasks.
Things That Can Be Done During Panchak
Panchak is not always considered as an unfavourable period. There are certain activities, which when done during the Panchak, yield favourable and productive results. Let us have a look:
The special yogas forming during the Panchak period makes it a period of paramount importance. Dhanishta Nakshatra, Satabhisha Nakshatra, Purva Bhadrapada and Revati Nakshatra are considered to be auspicious for going on a journey, carrying out the Mundan Sanskar, doing business, etc. Also, the combination of Uttara Bhadrapada on a specific day (Vaar) results in the creation of Sarvartha Siddhi Yoga. Although, the Panchak is perceived to be an inauspicious period, it has another facet as well. Activities like engagement, marriage, etc. can be carried out during the stretch of the Panchak.
If any of the three Nakshatras of the Panchak, namely Purva Bhadrapada, Uttara Bhadrapada and Revati fall on Sunday, they lead to the formation of various auspicious Yogas. Char, Sthir and Pravardh are the most important out of these. They help to achieve success and gains in terms of money.
The significance of Muhurat is undeniable according to the Muhurta Chintamani. Dhanishta and Satabhisha are associated with motion (Chara). Thus, any task that involves motion is not considered to be auspicious. Setting your foot on a journey, buying a new vehicle, parts of machinery, etc. are a few activities that should be avoided during this period. On the other hand, the Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra signifies stability (Sthir). During this Nakshatra, such tasks should be undertaken that require stability. Activities like Griha Pravesh (housewarming), puja, planting new trees, etc. can be done during this span of time. Matters related to land and property should also be laid emphasis on.
The last of these five Nakshatras is Revati. It is associated with tenderness and friendliness. Therefore, it is recommended that reconciliation should be done when this Nakshatra prevails. Bringing an end to conflicts, dealing with a business in textile industry, buying new ornaments, etc. are some of the things that may be done during this period.
Important Facts To Be Kept In Mind During A Panchak
As we have already discussed what Panchak is and how it affects our life, we have realised the fact that Panchak is an important period, during which one should act accordingly. Doing so will eventually help to maximize gains and minimise losses. These are some quick tips that will help you to gain positive results during the Panchak period.
1. Whenever Panchak of the Dhanishta Nakshatra starts, you should stay away from collecting wood, wooden objects, fuel, grass, etc. There are chances of these things catching a fire, which might hurt you or your loved ones.
2. If someone dies during the Panchak period, his/her family and friends must consult a priest for the detailed information about performing the funeral. Additionally, the funeral rites should not be performed during the Panchak period, unless necessary. In case it becomes a necessity, the Garuda Purana should be followed.
3. In Garuda Purana, it is instructed to perform the funeral rites of 5 dummies made of sacred grass and wheat flour along with the dead person. Performing the funeral rites of these dummies helps to eliminate the chances of any more death in the family.
4. During this period, travelling towards the South direction is not advisable. The South direction is believed to be associated with the god of death, Lord Yama. Travelling in this direction might invite troubles and pose dangers to your life.
5. If Revati Nakshatra is the constellation prevailing during the Panchak, one should make sure not to construct the roof of their house during this period. Doing so may result in a financial loss or lack of peace and harmony in the family. One should be very careful regarding money related matters during this period. Neither lending money nor giving loans is recommended within this duration.
6. Construction of a bed during the time of the Panchak may put you in trouble. There are chances of fire related accidents during the Dhanishta Nakshatra Panchak. However, during the Satabhisha Nakshatra, there is a possibility of disturbance in the life of the native, which may invite mental troubles and worries.
7. There is a possibility of getting ill and facing health issues during the Purva Bhadrapada Panchak. The Panchak of Uttara Bhadrapada is known to bring problems and sufferings in the life of the native.
8. The Panchak of the Revati Nakshatra causes mental worries and tension. As there are various aspects of a Panchak, one should keep in mind to adhere to the Do's and abstain from the Don'ts during the period of the Panchak.
We hope that with this article, your knowledge base has expanded and know about Panchak. We hope that you will give your best and get productive results with the help of the above stated information.