Coronavirus: stay at home Leave your home if it's necessary. It will help stop the spread of novel coronavirus & COVID-19
Griha Pravesh Muhurat 2020 Dates
Housewarming Auspicious Time for New Delhi, India
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, 29 January||12:13:52||31:11:09|
|Thursday, 30 January||07:10:41||13:21:03|
|Wednesday, 05 February||07:07:19||21:32:38|
|Thursday, 13 February||09:25:37||20:48:16|
|Thursday, 20 February||16:01:13||30:55:41|
|Wednesday, 26 February||06:49:56||28:13:41|
|Wednesday, 11 March||19:00:41||30:34:59|
|Thursday, 12 March||06:33:52||12:01:08|
|Wednesday, 18 March||13:01:24||30:26:59|
|Thursday, 19 March||06:25:50||14:50:06|
|Saturday, 25 April||20:58:18||29:45:20|
|Monday, 27 April||14:31:30||24:30:00|
|Friday, 08 May||08:38:47||29:34:33|
|Monday, 18 May||05:28:25||15:10:50|
|Saturday, 23 May||05:26:08||29:26:08|
|Monday, 15 June||05:22:50||27:17:58|
|Monday, 16 November||06:44:52||14:37:36|
|Thursday, 19 November||09:38:45||22:00:59|
|Wednesday, 25 November||06:52:02||29:12:12|
|Monday, 30 November||15:01:21||30:55:58|
|Thursday, 10 December||10:51:53||31:03:17|
|Wednesday, 16 December||20:04:28||31:07:08|
|Thursday, 17 December||07:07:42||15:19:29|
|Wednesday, 23 December||20:41:16||28:33:00|
Griha Pravesh or housewarming ceremony is a valued and treasured moment in a person’s life. This is because, after too much hard work and efforts, one becomes able to build his/her own home. To make this dream of a valued home successful for you, it is necessary that the Griha Pravesh in a new home or an old one must be done in a shubh muhurat. The reason being that by entering your home in an auspicious Lagna and Tithi, brings happiness, peace and prosperity in your home. Griha Pravesh Muhurats are calculated on the basis of dates (Tithis), days, Lagna and Nakshatra available.
Griha Pravesh as per Vedic Texts
● As per Vedic beliefs, the month of Magha, Phalguna, Vaishakha and Jyeshtha are considered highly auspicious for Griha Pravesh.
● Housewarming ceremony is prohibited during four months or Chaturmas, i.e. during the month of Ashadha, Shravana, Bhadrapada and Ashwin. The reason being that this period is the time of sleeping and resting for all Gods and Goddess including Lord Vishnu. Other than these months, the month of Paush is also considered inauspicious for Griha Pravesh.
● Except Tuesday, Grah Pravesh can be done on all other days. However, in certain special circumstances, it is forbidden to enter a new home on Sundays and Saturdays.
● Dvitiya, Tritiya, Panchami, Saptami, Dashami, Ekadashi, Dwadashi and Trayodashi of Shukla Paksha, except Amavasya and Purnima, are considered auspicious for Griha Pravesh ceremony.
● Griha Pravesh should be done in a fixed Lagna (sign ascendant). Shubh muhurat for this occasion is calculated on the basis of the position of Sun from your birth Nakshatra. For example, if it is positioned in fifth and ninth house from your sign, the period is inauspicious for Griha Pravesh, but if it is in sixth and eighth house from your sign, the period is highly auspicious for Griha Pravesh.
Different Types of Griha Pravesh
Generally, it is believed that Griha Pravesh or Housewarming ceremony is performed for entering a new home, which is wrong. According to Vastu Shastra, there are generally 3 types of Griha Pravesh:
● Apoorva: When one enters a new house for living, it is called Apoorva Griha Pravesh.
● Sapoorva: Due to some reasons, if a person lives in some other place and leaves his/her house empty. Then, after some time when they moves back to their house, it is called as Sapoorva Griha Pravesh.
● Dwandhav: Due to a natural calamity or other reasons, if a person has to helplessly leave their home. Then, she/he has to perform Griha Pravesh Puja Vidhi to live in their old home again. This term is known as Dwandhav Griha Pravesh.
Importance of Vastu Shanti for Home
Vastu Shastra is the ancient form of Indian Science in which the importance of directions is mentioned. The term Vastu means a place where God and human live together. Human body is made of five elements and Vastu for home is believed to be related to these elements. As per Vastu, Gods resides in every direction. The positive energy from each and every direction brings happiness, peace and prosperity in one’s life. That is why, Vastu Puja and Shanti before Griha Pravesh must be performed.
Griha Pravesh after Complete Construction (Griha Nirman Karya)
Sometimes, it has been observed that people enter their new home which is under construction. In Hinduism and as per religious texts, this activity is not considered right. Some rituals are mentioned in these Vedic texts that must be followed before Griha Pravesh.
● Avoid Griha Pravesh in under construction house, until the doors are placed in it, especially the main door, along with the complete construction of the roof of the house.
● After Griha Pravesh, try not to padlock your main door as it is considered inauspicious.
Note: All the above information related to Griha Pravesh is considered quite important from religious perspective. However, please consult an experienced astrologer for Vastu Shanti, Vastu remedies and other similar activities, before Griha Pravesh.