Coronavirus: stay at home Leave your home if it's necessary. It will help stop the spread of novel coronavirus & COVID-19
વૈશાખ પૂર્ણિમા વ્રત 2020
2020 માં વૈશાખ પૂર્ણિમા ક્યારે છે?
વૈશાખ પૂર્ણિમા ઉપવાસ મુહૂર્ત For New Delhi, India
પૂર્ણિમા (પૂનમ) Tithi Begins at 19:46:37 on મે 6, 2020
પૂર્ણિમા (પૂનમ) Tithi Ends at 16:16:48 on મે 7, 2020
Vaishakha Purnima is of prime significance in Hindu religion. On this day, various charity and religious activities are performed. This Purnima is also known by the name of Satya Vinayak Purnima. On this Purnima, Lord Vishnu reincarnated in the form of Mahatma Buddha. So, Buddhist followers celebrate this day very zealously and enthusiastically.
Vaishakha Purnima Vrat Rituals
Fasting and performing virtuous deeds on this Purnima offers auspicious results. Like other Purnima fasts, the rituals for Vaishakha Purnima Vrat is also same, though with few additional rituals which are as follows:
● On this day, take a bath in a sacred river, reservoir, well or Bawadi before sunrise. After that, offer Argh to the Sun God while chanting Surya Mantra.
● Take vow for the fast and worship Lord Vishnu.
● By donating water filled vessel and food in the name of Dharmaraj (Yamraj), offer results equivalent to Godan (Cow donation).
● By donating sesame seeds along with sugar to five or seven needy persons, all sins of a person ends.
● Light sesame oil lamps and offer sesame seeds as well.
● Have food only one time on this day.
Importance of Vaishakha Purnima
As per Hindu religion, Dharmaraj is worshipped on Vaishakha Purnima. So, a person is freed from the fear of untimely death by fasting on this day. It is believed that when Sudama, the childhood friend of Lord Krishna, reached Dwarka to meet him, Lord Krishna told him the rules (Vidhan) of Satya Vinayak Purnima Vrat. With the effect of the fast, all poverty of Sudama ended.