ચૈત્ર નવરાત્રી 2022
ચૈત્ર નવરાત્રી ની તારીખો New Delhi, India
Chaitra Navratri is the nine-day Hindu festival. It begins on the first day of Hindu lunar calendar. The festival marks the worshiping of nine incarnations of Goddess Shakti or Goddess Durga. Every year, this auspicious Hindu festival is celebrated in the month of April and March. It is celebrated in the Hindu month of Chaitra and dedicated to nine avatars of Goddess Durga.
Chaitra Navratri is also mentioned as Rama Navratri in some parts of northern India. Rama Navami, the birthday of Lord Rama, falls on the ninth day during Navratri festival. The Hindu lunar calendar represents the celebrations in the month of Chaitra, which is also defined as marking the New Year. Chaitra Navratri begins with Gudi Padwa in Maharashtra, and the festival begins with Ugadi in Andhra Pradesh.
Legends of Chaitra Navratri
Navratri is a mix blend of various culture and shares a common meaning, i.e. the victory of good over evil. In Chaitra Navratri, Demon Mahishasura, who had defeated all the gods and the devas, was ultimately killed by Goddess Durga. After the Gods were defeated, they approached Brahma (Hindu creator god), Vishnu (preserver god), and Mahesh (the destroyer), whose collective energy gave rise to the supreme deity, Goddess Durga.
In Chaitra Navratri, the 9th day is celebrated as Ram Navami (Spring Hindu festival), the day Lord Rama was born. In the Sharad Navratri, the 10th day is celebrated as Vijayadashami or Dusshera, the day Lord Rama killed the demon king Ravana.
Chaitra Navratri Kalash Sthapana Puja
Chaitra Navratri usually begins in March-April period. People prefer to do Kalash Sthapana puja at their homely space and workplace. A Kalash is kept at the place of worship and people even call a priest to carry out the rituals of Kalash puja.There is a perfect way to install a Kalash on the first day of Navratri.
● Waking up early in the morning and taking a shower must be the first activity.
● After cleaning the idols, the first thing you need to do is cleaning the place where the Kalash has to be kept.
● The next thing you need to do is spreading a red-colored cloth on a wooden seat and chanting the mantras of Lord Ganesha while putting raw rice on the red cloth.
● Using some soil, you need to make an altar and sow the seeds of Barley in it.
● Now, set the Kalash on the soil and pour some water in it.
● Use the vermillion paste to make a swastika sign on the Kalash and tie a holy thread around the neck of the Kalash.
● Add betelnut and coin in the Kalash and keep some mango leaves in it.
● Now, take a coconut, tie a holy thread and a red Chunari around it.
● Put this coconut over the top of Kalash and pray to the almighty God.
● Offer flowers to the deities and worship from the religious mind and the soul.
The Kalash Sthapana puja is proved to be beneficial to draw in more health, wealth and prosperity in our lives.
Foods for Navratri Fasting
During the fast of Navratras, foods like Sabudana Vada (Sago Vada), Sabudana khichadi (Sago Khichadi), Singhare Ka Halwa (Water Chestnut Flour Halwa), Kuttu Ki Poori (Grass Seed Flour or Buckwheat poori), and Singhare Ke Pakore are preferred for eating.