2023ൽ എപ്പോഴാണ് ജന്മാഷ്ടമി ?
ജന്മാഷ്ടമി മുഹൂർത്തം For New Delhi, India
നിഷിത പൂജ സമയം :
23:56:25 to 24:42:09
സമയ ദൈര്ഘ്യം :
0 മണിക്കൂർ 45 മിനിറ്റ്
ജന്മാഷ്ടമി അവസാനിക്കുന്ന സമയം :
ശേഷം 06:01:46 on 8, സെപ്റ്റംബർ
2023 ൽ ജന്മാഷ്ടമി എപ്പോഴാണെന്നും 2023 ലെ ജന്മാഷ്ടമി തീയതിയും മുഹൂർത്തവും എന്താണെന്നും നമുക്ക് അറിയാം.Janmashtami is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Krishna. In Mathura, the city of Demon King Kansa, Lord Krishna was born in the prison of the King as the eighth child of Devaki on the eighth day of the dark fortnight of Bhadrapada month. It was midnight and Moon was rising along with Rohini Nakshatra when he was born. Hence, Krishnashtami commemorates the birthday of Lord Krishna every year.
Krishna Janmashtami Muhurat
1. When Ashtami is prevailing during the midnight, Vrat must be kept on the following day.
2. If Ashtami Tithi is prevailing through the midnight of the second day only, fast must be kept on the second day itself.
3. If Ashtami is prevailing through the midnight of 2 days and Rohini Nakshatra is prevailing during one night only, the following day of that night must be considered for the fast.
4. If Ashtami is prevailing through the midnight of 2 days and both of the nights have Rohini Nakshatra as well, Krishna Janmashtami fast is kept on the second day.
5. If Ashtami is prevailing through the midnights of 2 days and no day has Rohini Nakshatra, Krishna Jayanthi fast is kept on the second day.
6. If Ashtami Tithi doesn’t prevail during the midnight of both of these days, fast will be kept on the second day.
Note: Above Muhurat is given as per the Smarthas. Vaishnavas celebrate Gokulashtami on the second day. Smarthas and Vaishnavas have different beliefs about celebrating this festival.
As per the Hindu religious texts, Vaishnavas are those people who are initiated by the Vaishnava community. These people usually wear a small rosary of holy beads and put a Tilak on their forehead as the symbol of Vishnu’s feet. Apart from these Vaishnava people, all other people are considered as the Smarthas. In other words, we can say that those who have not got initiated by the Vaishnava community are called Smartas.
Janmashtami Fast & Puja Vidhi
1. The celebration begins with the fast & Puja of Ashtami, and ends with the Parana on Navami.
2. One who is observing fast must have some light Sattvic food a day before i.e. Saptami. Avoid any physical intimacy with the life partner on the following night and keep all the senses under control.
3. On the day of fast, get ready early in the morning and pay homage to all the deities; then sit facing East or North.
4. Take Sankalp of the fast while keeping holy water, fruit, and flowers in hand.
5. After that, sprinkle the water mixed with black sesame over yourself and make a labor room for Devki Ji.
6. Now, place a baby bed in this room and a holy Kalash on it.
7. Additionally, place an idol or picture of Devki Ji feeding milk to Krishna.
8. Perform the Puja by taking the names of Devaki, Vasudeva, Baladeva, Nand, Yashoda, and Lakshmi Ji respectively.
9. This fast is opened only after the midnight. Grains are not consumed in this fast. Only fruits and something like that can be taken e.g. fried balls of Kuttu flour, sweets made of condensed milk, and Halwa made of water chestnut.
At the end of Dwapara Yuga, King Ugrasen used to rule Mathura. Ugrasen had a son called Kansa. For the throne, Kansa pushed his father Ugrasen into the prison. Sister of Kansa, Devakis marriage fixed with the Vasudeva of Yadava community. While Kansa was about to bid adieu to his sister after her wedding, he heard an oracle from the sky, O Kansa! This Devaki, who is so much beloved to you, her eighth child will be the reason of your death. Listening to this, Kansa got really furious and wanted to kill her. He thought that if Devaki died, she won’t be able to give birth to any child.
Vasudeva tried to convince Kansa that he has no fear from Devaki, but her eighth child. So, he will give her eighth child to him. Kansa agreed to this and locked Vasudeva and Devaki into his prison. Immediately, Narada appeared there and asked Kansa that how he will know that which one is the eighth pregnancy. The counting will begin from the first or the last. Accepting Narada’s viewpoint, Kansa killed all the children of Devaki mercilessly one by one.
Lord Krishna took birth in the Bhadrapada month on the eighth day of the dark fortnight when Rohini constellation was prevailing. As soon as he arrived into this world, the entire prison got filled with the light. Vasudeva and Devaki saw conch, Chakra (wheel weapon), mace, and Lord with four arms with lotus in a hand. The Lord said, Now, I will take the form of a child. Take me to the Nanda’s house immediately in Gokul and bring their newborn daughter to the Kansa. Vasudeva did exactly like this and offered the baby girl to the Kansa.
When Kansa tried to kill this girl, she just slipped from his hands and flew into the sky. Then, she turned into a Goddess and said, ßWhat will you get from killing me? Your enemy has reached to the Gokul. Seeing this, Kansa got shocked and panicked. He sent many demons to kill Sri Krishna. With his godly powers, Krishna killed all of them. When he grew up, he killed Kansa and sat over the throne of Ugrasen.
Significance Of Janmashtami
1. On this day, all the temples of the nation are decorated.
2. Many tableaus are decorated on the occasion of Krishna’s birthday.
3. After adorning Krishna, he is placed on the cradle and swung by everyone.
Worshippers keep fast till the midnight. At the midnight, the news of Krishna’s birth is sent everywhere with the holy sounds of conches and bells. Krishna’s Aarti is sung and holy food is distributed.
With this piece of information, we hope that on this pious occasion, Lord Krishna will bless you with immense bliss and prosperity.