Parivartini Ekadashi 2022 Vrat | Parsva Ekadashi 2022 Vrat
When is Parivartini Ekadashi in 2022?
Parivartini Ekadashi Vrat Muhurat For New Delhi, India
Parivartini Ekadashi Parana Time :
08:21:05 to 08:32:40 on 7th, September
0 Hour 11 Minute
Hari Vasara End Moment :
at 08:21:05 on 7th, September
Vamana Avatar of Lord Vishnu is worshipped on the day of Parivartini Ekadashi. It is also known as Parsva Ekadashi in several regions. As Shri Vishnu turns while sleeping on this day, so it is called as Parivartini Ekadashi. It is also known by the name of Padma Ekadashi. Humans who worship Vamana Avatar of Lord Vishnu on this day reap fruits equivalent to Vajpayee Yagya, and all their sins get destroyed as well. People also perform Lakshmi Puja on this day as it is considered a great occasion to please Goddess Lakshmi.
Parivartini Ekadashi Vrat Puja Vidhi
Parivartini Ekadashi Vrat and Puja, also popularly known as Parsva Ekadashi Vrat, is equivalent to worshipping Brahma, Vishnu and all the three worlds. Puja Vidhi of this fast is as follows:
1. Human fasting for this Ekadashi must not take food a day before on Dashami after sunset. At night, they should ruminate the name of Lord Vishnu while sleeping.
2. On Ekadashi day, wake up early in the morning and muse God’s name. After taking a bath vow for the fast. Then, light a Ghee lamp in front of the statue of Lord Vishnu.
3. Use Basil leaves, seasonal fruits and Sesame Seeds for worshipping Lord Vishnu. One must not eat food on this day, but can take fruits in the evening after worshipping God.
4. Avoid lying and criticizing others on the day of fast. Other than that, donate Copper vessels, Rice and Curd.
5. Next day on Dwadashi, open your fast after sunrise and offer food and donation to the needy or Brahmin.
Parivartini Ekadashi Vrat Katha
During Mahabharata period, Lord Shri Krishna narrated the importance of Parivartini Ekadashi Vrat when asked by Arjuna, the son of Pandu. He said- “O Arjuna! Listen attentively the story of the destroyer of all sins, i.e. Parivartini Ekadashi.
During Treta Yuga, there was a demon named Bali who was very charitable, truthful and served Brahmin generously. He often performed Yagya, penance, etc. His devotion was so strong that he replaced Devraj Indra and began to rule in heaven. Afraid of him, Devraj and other Devs went to Lord Vishnu and requested him to help them. Then, he incarnated as Vamana, a Brahmin boy, and defeated King Bali.
Lord Shri Krishna said- “Taking Vamana Avatar I requested him - O Rajan! If you offer land equivalent to three steps to me, you will get reward of the donations offered for three worlds. King Bali agreed to my request. Just as he vowed for donation, I took a massive form and covered Earth with one leg in first step, heaven with ankle and Brahmaloka with toes of the other leg in next step. But for the third step, the King had nothing else to offer. So, he offered his head and I, as Lord Vamana, put my leg over his head as third step. Pleased with his devotion and commitment, Lord Vamana made him the king of Patal Loka.
I said to King Bali - I will always be with you.”
That is why, on the day of Parivartini Ekadashi, one of my form remains with King Bali and the other sleep on Sheshnaga in depths of Kshirsagar.” So, on this Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu turns while sleeping.