Combust Planets and its Effects in Astrology
In the realm of Vedic Astrology, planet Sun is considered to be the king of all planets. When a planet becomes combust in a kundli, its influence almost becomes negligible and due to its closeness with the Sun, it starts offering results accordingly. Such a planet becomes weak and is considered to be in an unfavourable state. On the other hand, retrograde planets attain full Cheshta Bal and become powerful. Let’s read about these planetary states in detail:
In simpler terms, a planet becomes combust when it comes near the Sun at a certain degree, as its brightness, heat and light diminish the influence and power of that planet. According to astrological texts and scriptures, when the planet Mars gets placed from the Sun at a distance of 17 degrees or closer to the Sun, it enters a state of combust. Similarly, Mercury becomes combust at 14 degrees, Jupiter at 11 degrees, Moon at 12 degrees, Venus at 10 degrees and Saturn at 15 degrees. As Rahu and Ketu are shadow planets, hence they never enter the state of combustion.
When a planet combusts, its influence and significance decrease, and it starts giving results according to the Sun's condition. As every planet represents a particular trait or aspect of life, hence it becomes highly important to strengthen them.
Astrology defines the impact of numerous planets on human lives. If any planet procures strong placement in a kundli, then it affects us with the highest capability. On a contrary note, if a planet remains weak in a kundli, its influence remains weak as well in comparison with other planets. When the planet moves around the celestial orbit, a point coincides where it becomes powerful in comparison to the Earth. That point is known as the highest point of exaltation for that specific planet. This state differs for every planet in accordance with the degree.
They are considered to be exalted in a sign even if they not posited on the highest point. Similarly, every planet remains in an exalted state when posited in a specific zodiac sign, nakshatra and at a specific degree. Let’s find out the degree of exaltation for different planets:
● Sun becomes fully exalted in Aries at 10 degrees under Ashwini Nakshatra. It will be considered exalted in case posited at a lesser or more degree in same sign.
● At 3 degrees under Krittika Nakshatra in Taurus, Moon becomes fully exalted.
● Similarly, planet Mars becomes fully exalted in Capricorn at 28 degrees under Dhanishta Nakshatra.
● Planet Mercury is said to be under full exaltation when placed at 15 degrees in Virgo sign under Hasta Nakshatra.
● The Lord of Devas, Jupiter becomes fully exalted in Cancer at 5 degrees under Pushya Nakshatra.
● Shukra or Venus, the Lord of Demons, becomes fully exalted in the zodiac sign Pisces at 27 degrees under Revati Nakshatra.
● Lord of Karma, Shani or Saturn, will remain fully exalted in Libra at 20 degrees during the Swati Nakshatra.
● Rahu and Ketu aren’t seen in an exalted or debilitated sign, but still some people believe Rahu to be exalted in the Taurus or Gemini sign.
● Similarly, Ketu is said to remain exalted in Sagittarius or Scorpio sign.
Just like a planet becomes strong and dominating when in its exalted state, in contrast, it becomes weak in its debilitated state and offers unfavourable results. In simple terms, a planet becomes debilitated in the seventh sign from the sign where it is in an exalted state. A planet is considered in a debilitated state when it remains posited at 180 degrees from its highest exaltation point. It means that when a planet moves around its orbit, it reaches a certain point where it becomes weak in proportion to the Earth. That is considered to be the point of debilitation for that specific planet and differs accordingly.
Let us know the point of debilitation for different planets through the following details:
● The Sun is considered to be in a fully debilitated state when posited in the Libra sign at 10 degrees. If it is posited at lesser or more degrees than needed in the same sign, then it will be considered only in the debilitated state.
● Moon becomes fully debilitated when placed in the zodiac sign Scorpio at 3 degrees.
● Similarly, when entering into Cancer at 28 degrees, Mars becomes fully debilitated.
● Talking about the planet Mercury, it becomes fully debilitated in Pisces at 15 degrees.
● Jupiter is said to be in a fully debilitated state when posited in Capricorn at 5 degrees.
● At 27 degrees in the zodiac sign Virgo, planet Venus enters into a state of full debilitation.
● Saturn or Shani becomes fully debilitated at 20 degrees when placed in the Aries zodiac sign.
● Rahu is considered to be in a debilitated state when placed in Scorpio or Sagittarius sign.
● Just like the above, Ketu is also said to become debilitated when posited in the Taurus or Gemini sign.
The exaltation, debilitation and combustion of planets lead to various changes in the country, world and native’s life. We hope this page helps you understand the above mentioned planetary placements in a detailed manner.